RedyHost houses it's equipment within the SecuritOn datacentre located in Melbourne CBD, Australia. Securiton is the leading global provider of carrier-neutral data centers and Internet exchange services for enterprises, content providers, systems integrators and network services providers.
To see proof of our dedication to choosing only the best for our customers, you only need look as far as our neighbors in the Securiton Data Centre including such names as Yahoo, eBay, Fairfax, Unwired, and Google..
Key Features of the Datacenter
HVAC systems comply with N+1 specifications and include a centralised chilled water plant with multiple redundant chillers piped in parallel, ensuring continuous reliability and satisfying all cooling requirements.
Securiton has implemented the following security measures that require multiple levels of authentication and authorisation:
- Onsite security guard patrols the site 24/7
- The facility is monitored by CCTV Surveillance system
- Key access areas are controlled by biometric hand scanners and/or secure access cards
- Visitors are required to check in first with the security guard. Valid Identification is required
- All activities on premises are logged
The Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is built on a multi-level N+1 configuration to achieve 99.999% uptime. Power is supplied by a power distribution unit (PDU) - each PDU is connected to two UPS plants.
Fire Suppression and Detection
Securiton's IBX Centres are designed with multiple levels of fire detection and fire suppression systems. The Melbourne IBX has the following fire suppression systems:
VESDA - very early smoke detection/warning system monitored by the Securiton BMS system
- Zoned (double-interlock) pre-action water sprinkler system
- Smoke detectors above and below raised floors
- Hand-held fire extinguishers